hydnsek
post Sep 15 2013, 12:14 AM
Post #1

President

Group: Individual Member
Member No.: 180
Chapter: Puget Sound
Expires: 12/31/2014

Our 4th-annual Going APE mega-event was a resounding success, with an estimated 1,600 attendees - wow! laugh.gif

My heartfelt thanks to all the WSGA members who helped this year - you made a lot of visiting geocachers very happy! cool.gif

All of the area managers did a wonderful job, but I'd especially like to recognize benandjayme (parking) and hippychick1620 (swag sales), who were faced with some rather daunting lines in the morning and managed to make it all work. Also thanks to those who helped psykokiwi (swag preorders) with the swag-bag stuffing beforehand, the generous members who loaned equipment, and everyone else who supported the event in ways big and small. You rock!

And special thanks, as always, to Ranger Keith Wersland for his support before and during the event at Iron Horse State Park.

Groundspeak is now promoting this event as part of the annual International Geocaching weekend package, so we can expect the increased attendance and mojo to continue next year at our 5th-annual mega on August 17, 2014. We'll need even more helpers then, so stay tuned!

Here are all the great folks who made this year's event a success:

Abby Wolfe / hydnsek
WSGA president
Going APE mega-event director

--------------------
Not all those who wander are lost.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PhatBldGuy
post Sep 15 2013, 03:17 PM
Post #2

Group: Family Member
Member No.: 867
Chapter: Puget Sound
Expires: 12/31/2014

It's always my pleasure to help with the big events....I love meeting all the new cachers from all over the world.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 05:57 PM