hydnsek
post Jul 24 2013, 01:08 AM
Post #1

President

Group: Individual Member
Member No.: 180
Chapter: Puget Sound
Expires: 12/31/2014

If you haven't participated in the King County Parks GeoTour, you still have time. The GeoTour launched in October 2012 with the support of WSGA, and celebrates the 30th anniversary of the Conservation Futures Fund, which helped preserve the 20 parks on the GeoTour from development.

Once you visit the GeoTour caches in the 20 parks and complete your passport, you can receive a special King County Parks coin (created by our own NepoKama).

The GeoTour deadline is Oct. 6, 2013, and KCP still has nearly 100 (of 200) coins left to give out, so if you can't travel the state for the WA State Parks GeoTour, this one might be more manageable.

--------------------
Not all those who wander are lost.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jim and jan
post Jul 24 2013, 08:59 PM
Post #2

Group: Family Member
Member No.: 2,269

QUOTE (hydnsek @ Jul 24 2013, 02:08 AM) *
If you haven't participated in the King County Parks GeoTour, you still have time. The GeoTour launched in October 2012 with the support of WSGA, and celebrates the 30th anniversary of the Conservation Futures Fund, which helped preserve the 20 parks on the GeoTour from development.

Once you visit the GeoTour caches in the 20 parks and complete your passport, you can receive a special King County Parks coin (created by our own NepoKama).

The GeoTour deadline is Oct. 6, 2013, and KCP still has nearly 100 (of 200) coins left to give out, so if you can't travel the state for the WA State Parks GeoTour, this one might be more manageable.

with one of the caches down since june 4th i believe, how is one to finish the tour? i havent seen petrovitski fixed yet. I have started already just wanted to see if i was looking at it correctly. any help would be great! I would love one of those coins!

+Quote Post
Papa Ski
post Aug 6 2013, 10:19 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,286

Does anyone know if they will be extending the GeoTour? It would seem that with all of the interest the State Parks Tour is generating, perhaps they should push the deadline out for this one by another year.

--------------------
Papa Ski

"I am a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down. -Abraham Lincoln

+Quote Post
hydnsek
post Aug 6 2013, 01:40 PM
Post #4

President

Member No.: 180

QUOTE (Papa Ski @ Aug 6 2013, 11:19 AM) *
Does anyone know if they will be extending the GeoTour? It would seem that with all of the interest the State Parks Tour is generating, perhaps they should push the deadline out for this one by another year.

Per KCP's own press release, which just came out July 23, they are ending it Oct. 6, one year after it launched. They haven't had nearly the response of the State Parks GeoTour (hence the many coins they have left after 10 months), and haven't said anything about extending it. We'll let you know if they do!

--------------------
Not all those who wander are lost.

+Quote Post
Dgwphotos
post Aug 7 2013, 09:05 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 222

QUOTE (jim and jan @ Jul 24 2013, 09:59 PM) *

with one of the caches down since june 4th i believe, how is one to finish the tour? i havent seen petrovitski fixed yet. I have started already just wanted to see if i was looking at it correctly. any help would be great! I would love one of those coins!

Petrovitski is back open.

--------------------
"There's treasure everywhere!" Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes

Caching with a eTrex Legend HCx, Legend Cx and Venture Cx .
A happy owner of a Nikon D70, N80, F3HP, FM and Bronica ETRS.
My Photos

My Photo Blog

+Quote Post
Dgwphotos
post Aug 7 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 222

QUOTE (Dgwphotos @ Aug 7 2013, 10:05 PM) *
QUOTE (jim and jan @ Jul 24 2013, 09:59 PM) *

Petrovitski is back open.

And I see you've found it. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"There's treasure everywhere!" Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes

Caching with a eTrex Legend HCx, Legend Cx and Venture Cx .
A happy owner of a Nikon D70, N80, F3HP, FM and Bronica ETRS.
My Photos

My Photo Blog

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 11:05 PM