> WT? does Field Puzzle in Attributes mean, creating new multi cache
flutemaker
post Apr 6 2012, 03:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Membership Lapsed
Member No.: 1,314
Chapter: Cache-cadia
Expires: 12/31/2012

It's not bad enough that I am pulling what little hair I have out working up the stages for my new Chrip cache now I am stuck on Attribute meanings. As I read down the list of possible attributes I ran across FIELD PUZZLE. Okay I think I know what it means but I don't know that for sure. Being an evil builder I am making each stage with a twist. To me each twist might be called a puzzle. One stage will have an actual puzzle involved so no matter what I clicked the ohmy.gif FIELD PUZZLE button.

Now to expand my knowledge base I would like for one of the real master cachers to explain this attribute to me. Who knows maybe my stupidity might help another cacher as well.

Thanks in advance for any assistance given. happy.gif

Stuck on stupid somewhere in the middle of evil.

Flutemaker... of the Cache-cadian underground... blink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hydnsek
post Apr 6 2012, 03:55 PM
Post #2

President

Group: Individual Member
Member No.: 180
Chapter: Puget Sound
Expires: 12/31/2015

"Field puzzle" means a puzzle you have to solve in the field - at the cache location(s), rather than on the computer beforehand. The puzzle could take many forms, but the attribute indicates that you can't resolve the final coordinates before arriving at the cache location(s).

--------------------
Not all those who wander are lost.

+Quote Post
red barrister
post Apr 23 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #3

Group: Family Member
Member No.: 1,793
Chapter: Puget Sound
Expires: 12/31/2014

A reviewer recently asked me to use the Field Puzzle attribute on my new cache because a searcher has to figure out what special tool is needed to open the cache container. It is not an Unknown cache type; the coordinates are provided. The cache description contains the puzzle that reveals the special tool that can be done on the computer before arriving. So, apparently the definition of this attribute is more broad to the reviewers, indicating that there is something more that has to be solved. The language must evolve.

+Quote Post
flutemaker
post Apr 23 2012, 03:14 PM
Post #4

Group: Membership Lapsed
Member No.: 1,314
Chapter: Cache-cadia
Expires: 12/31/2012

Thanks for the replies hydnsek and red barrister I guess from the puzzle point I have two field puzzles plus another one you don't have to do in the field you find it there but can go to coffee. so will add that attribute ... wink.gif
Thanks again Flutemaker

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2014 - 06:27 PM