Mc3cats
post Oct 13 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #1

Chapter Rep (Puget Sound)

Group: Family Member
Member No.: 530
Chapter: Puget Sound
Expires: 12/31/2014

To cache or not to cache, thats the question.

Heck thats no question. Its obvious! You cache you idiot!

That statement is my moto.

The feeling of going out to go caching is euphoric. Its the thrill of the hunt, the find, the sigining of a prestine log! Its all quite intoxicating!

The fun begins at the computer, searching for places with a bunch of caches. Sometimes I am looking for a specific cache and want to look for others in the area if I am making a lengthy drive. Then the Garmins are loaded and the cachemobile is burning rubber to the cache field. Hey, the sooner you are at your destination, the sooner the smileys can show up. Hey, you know you are a smiley junky! I am not the only one!

Let have a little fun here. How about some Jeff Foxworthyisms relating to our obession of Geocaching. I will start us off

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A GEOCACHER.......

when during the middle of your wedding ceremony, all you can think of are the caches near the hotel where you are going to stay for your honeymoon.

when the following sentance makes perfect sense to you, "The other day I had a CO-FTF with another cacher whos GPSr had sat reception issues due to the canopy and thus our geosense kicked in at the GZ until we got the smiley.

when you refer to your friends by names like FTFer, Cacheman and smiley junky instead of their real name.

when you are at a convention and you are thinking up of excuses the bolt so you can find that 3/2 cache two blocks away.

Ok theres some of mine, now you guys come up with some and add them to this post. Have fun!

--------------------
Cache it Real
Mc3cats
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
geezfools
post Oct 17 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #2

Group: Registered
Member No.: 663

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A GEOCACHER.......

when your phone buzzes to let you know a new email has arrived and you're girlfriend gives you that look of "right now?"

when the girlfriend asks you to go to the mall with her, she gets no reply and then offers to drive you to a couple caches, you're already putting your shoes on before she finishes the word cache

when your sitting in traffic and you look around thinking of places you would hide a cache

when your friends are in the car with you and they ask if it's a short drive or a "long" drive

just a couple I thought of before heading to bed smile.gif

--------------------
Washington Geocoins! - simple little site dedicated to coins with some relation to the beautiful state of Washington.

+Quote Post
Hamberger
post Apr 12 2012, 08:36 AM
Post #3

Hamberger

Group: Registered
Member No.: 1,860

If you want to know what a geocacher is, check out Toni & the hubbE's "O.C.C.C.D." It'll explain everything! laugh.gif

--------------------
Jimmy, watch out for that car too late...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 07:41 PM