Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Introduce yourself!, Who hails from the 48 North area?
CurlyHaze
post Sep 22 2010, 08:39 PM
Post #21

Group: Membership Lapsed
Member No.: 991
Chapter: 48 North
Expires: 12/31/2011

Hi everyone,

My name Is Maria Hazelo better known as CurlyHaze (Curly for my hair and Haze for my last name) , I live on Whidbey Island and have only been geocaching for a few months, although I was introduced to it a few years ago by my son Noobius. I look forward to meeting more members of 48 north at events and finding out how I can become more involved in WSGA. I am having so much fun geocaching and attribute it to my success at quitting smoking and obtaining a healthier lifestyle. I have learned how much I love the outdoors from geocaching and am eager to share my passion for it with others.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZorkFox
post Sep 22 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #22

Group: Registered
Member No.: 426

QUOTE (CurlyHaze @ Sep 22 2010, 09:39 PM) *
I am having so much fun geocaching and attribute it to my success at quitting smoking and getting more healthy.

Welcome to the group, CurlyHaze. smile.gif And congratulations on your achievement with the smoking: it's a big deal!

--------------------
You are in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

+Quote Post
CurlyHaze
post Sep 22 2010, 09:07 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 991
Expires: 12/31/2011

QUOTE (ZorkFox @ Sep 22 2010, 09:43 PM) *
I am having so much fun geocaching and attribute it to my success at quitting smoking and getting more healthy.

Welcome to the group, CurlyHaze. smile.gif And congratulations on your achievement with the smoking: it's a big deal!

Thanks so much ZorkFox, I appreciate your reply. I quit on April 8th and I have been caching quite frequently since July.

+Quote Post
hydnsek
post Sep 22 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #24

President

Group: Individual Member
Member No.: 180
Chapter: Puget Sound
Expires: 12/31/2014

Hi everyone,

My name Is Maria Hazelo better known as CurlyHaze (Curly for my hair and Haze for my last name) , I live on Whidbey Island and have only been geocaching for a few months, although I was introduced to it a few years ago by my son Noobius. I look forward to meeting more members of 48 north at events and finding out how I can become more involved in WSGA. I am having so much fun geocaching and attribute it to my success at quitting smoking and obtaining a healthier lifestyle. I have learned how much I love the outdoors from geocaching and am eager to share my passion for it with others.

Welcome, Maria! Whidbey Island has some awesome caches, one of my favorite places to visit. Your Chapter Rep is FluteFace, and we welcome your participation, both in your chapter and overall.

I wish I'd known about your use of geocaching to quit smoking a few months ago - we had a PBS documentary crew here interviewing people who made lifestyle changes through geocaching (losing weight, overcoming shyness, etc.).

Look forward to meeting you at an event soon. We women with curly hair have to stick together! laugh.gif

--------------------
Not all those who wander are lost.

+Quote Post
Radmando & Sons
post Oct 21 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 1,358
Expires: 12/31/2013

Radmando & Sons here. I often hear "Where have I seen you before?" If I look familiar, it's probably from 1) being the front man at the Ferndale Post Office 2) directing youth chess events, or 3) from church. Stumbled across "The Joy of Geocaching" not long ago, and am now enthusiastically hunting the elusive Cache every chance I get. The Sons (4th and 7th grade) are usually by my side, and occasionally my bride also. kiss.gif Also find myself working with the City of Ferndale, facilitating geocaching. (I asked to place a cache in Cedar Creek Park, you see, and one thing led to another....)

--------------------

+Quote Post
hydnsek
post Oct 21 2010, 11:17 PM
Post #26

President

QUOTE (Radmando & Sons @ Oct 21 2010, 11:01 PM) *
Radmando & Sons here. I often hear "Where have I seen you before?" If I look familiar, it's probably from 1) being the front man at the Ferndale Post Office 2) directing youth chess events, or 3) from church. Stumbled across "The Joy of Geocaching" not long ago, and am now enthusiastically hunting the elusive Cache every chance I get. The Sons (4th and 7th grade) are usually by my side, and occasionally my bride also. kiss.gif Also find myself working with the City of Ferndale, facilitating geocaching. (I asked to place a cache in Cedar Creek Park, you see, and one thing led to another....)

Welcome, Radmando & Sons! cool.gif Look forward to meeting you soon. Thanks for working with Ferndale on geocaching; we have a Park Liaison Program that might interest you and/or Ferndale. I currently chair the Parks Advocacy Committee, so let me know if you have any questions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ScooterDawg
post Mar 22 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 1,363
Expires: 12/31/2012

Well, I suppose it's time to introduce myself. I'm BeadMaster, aka Christopher. I was born north of 48 (48 07'), grew up south of 48 (47 41'), moved back north of 48 for high school (48 05'), went back south of 48 for college (47 39'), moved WAY south of 48 in 2005 (29 34') where I started GeoCaching with my iPhone, then moved back home north of 48 last year (48 09'). I currently live in Arlington but might be moving to Oak Harbor in the near future. I sometimes geocache alone and sometimes with my family - my 6-year-old son is sometimes better at making the final find than I am! We're looking forward to attending events and meeting y'all soon!

--------------------
When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it.
-Carl Sagan

+Quote Post
hydnsek
post Mar 22 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #28

President

QUOTE (BeadMaster @ Mar 22 2011, 10:59 PM) *
Well, I suppose it's time to introduce myself. I'm BeadMaster, aka Christopher. I was born north of 48 (48 07'), grew up south of 48 (47 41'), moved back north of 48 for high school (48 05'), went back south of 48 for college (47 39'), moved WAY south of 48 in 2005 (29 34') where I started GeoCaching with my iPhone, then moved back home north of 48 last year (48 09'). I currently live in Arlington but might be moving to Oak Harbor in the near future. I sometimes geocache alone and sometimes with my family - my 6-year-old son is sometimes better and making the final find than I am! We're looking forward to attending events and meeting y'all soon!

Welcome, BeadMaster! You have plenty of caching company in 48 North territory. FluteFace is your chapter rep, feel free to give her a shout.

Hope to meet you at an event or cache soon!

--------------------

+Quote Post
HB-Vanislelady
post Apr 19 2011, 11:02 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 1,540
Chapter: Unaffiliated

Hi there from North of 50...Yup.. hailing you from Campbell River British Columbia
Did some caching on the Olympic Pennisula a couple of years ago and plan on being back in your fair state in July.
Real name is Kathy and caching name is HB-Vanislelady
Started caching in 2007 and got hooked right away
Current director of the BCGA
Self-confessed but proud member of FTF Anonymous, willing to go out in the middle of the night for that elusive hunt

+Quote Post
sumaspirate
post Jan 4 2012, 09:40 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 1,775
Chapter: Unaffiliated

sumaspirate aka ken Live about 5 minutes north of 49. My wife loves to shop down in the Mt. Vernon to Marysville area so I get to come down and grab caches while she shops. Works for me! ;-) Daughter got me involved with caching about a year or so ago. Quite enjoy it.

+Quote Post
LindaR
post Jan 4 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 1,768

Hello everyone!

My name is Linda and I live in La Conner. New to geocaching but anxious to get started. La Conner Rotary is adding a geocache event to our annual Smelt Derby Festival so could REALLY use help planning that or help with what to do.

I look forward to getting more involved.

Let's see, what else......Hubby, Jim; Son, Kevin; Daughter, Alyssa; son-in-law-to-be, Chris

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Linda blush.gif

+Quote Post
hydnsek
post Jan 4 2012, 11:20 PM
Post #32

President

Welcome, LindaR and sumaspirate! Resistance is futile, you have been assimilated! laugh.gif

Linda - I think I sent you an email already suggesting you get in touch with FluteFace, WSGA's 48 North Chapter Rep, since you're in her chapter area and she handles requests in her region. (I also sent her a note about your request.)

Sumaspirate - you're also in the 48 North chapter area, where you have lots of geocaching company.

Enjoy, and feel free to contact FluteFace or any of us cachers if you have questions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LindaR
post Jan 8 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 1,768

Just shot her a message through the website. Thanks

QUOTE (hydnsek @ Jan 4 2012, 11:20 PM) *
Welcome, LindaR and sumaspirate! Resistance is futile, you have been assimilated! laugh.gif

Linda - I think I sent you an email already suggesting you get in touch with FluteFace, WSGA's 48 North Chapter Rep, since you're in her chapter area and she handles requests in her region. (I also sent her a note about your request.)

Sumaspirate - you're also in the 48 North chapter area, where you have lots of geocaching company.

Enjoy, and feel free to contact FluteFace or any of us cachers if you have questions.

+Quote Post
Peterson Family
post Feb 19 2012, 03:31 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 1,799
Expires: 12/31/2013

Hi everyone. My name is Robin (hikingrn) and am joining with my husband, Eddie (edeagle777) and son, Justin. We live on Camano Island. We've been geocaching for a short time and went to the Great Balls of Fire event here on Camano at Cama Beach State Park. Had a blast at this event. Looking forward to meeting everyone and doing a lot more with the group.

+Quote Post
hydnsek
post Feb 19 2012, 09:39 PM
Post #35

President

QUOTE (Peterson Family @ Feb 19 2012, 03:31 PM) *
Hi everyone. My name is Robin (hikingrn) and am joining with my husband, Eddie (edeagle777) and son, Justin. We live on Camano Island. We've been geocaching for a short time and went to the Great Balls of Fire event here on Camano at Cama Beach State Park. Had a blast at this event. Looking forward to meeting everyone and doing a lot more with the group.

Welcome, Robin! Yes, Dave throws a great event up there, very cool. I was glad I could finally attend this year. Thanks for supporting WSGA and look forward to meeting you. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hamberger
post Apr 16 2012, 08:51 AM
Post #36

Hamberger

Member No.: 1,860

Hi! I'm Elliott berger, a.k.a. Hamberger! I'm from Bellingham, Wa. and am obssesed. I just wanted to see if anyone I know was on here.

--------------------
Jimmy, watch out for that car too late...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:27 AM